STATEMENT OF INTENT – Ross High School aims to deliver the highest quality of education for all its learners by focussing on the following:
• High expectations of attainment, achievement, conduct, appearance
• Emphasis on identity with school and house
• Positive communication of achievement and diversity
• Consistent reinforcement of positive behaviour
• Unconditional positive regard for all learners
• Communication and links with Parents and Community
• Involvement of all staff, pupils and parents and other agencies in consultation.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
• Continued identification and sharing of good practice
• Appropriate support, challenge and aspirations for all pupils
• Ensuring support for all pupils
• Encouraging independent learning
• Use of ICT to further support learning and teaching.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
• Clear communication of all management responsibilities
• Management structures and communication systems which focus on and reinforce good learning and teaching
• Continual revisiting and reinforcement of vision, values and aims
• Developing the leadership capacity of all staff and pupils.
INCLUSION AND EQUALITY
• Developing more inclusive approaches to developing support for all pupils
• Keeping under review supports for pupils, courses for pupils and training for staff.
• Continue to review, evaluate and improve the curriculum offered to all pupils in the light of
“A Curriculum for Excellence” proposals and experience
• Increasing flexibility, choices, levels of courses and prevocational courses for pupils
• Developing stronger links with Further Education and Higher Education
• A flexible and robust curriculum should be offered which supports individual needs and is appropriate to a range of achievement and aspiration.
ACHIEVEMENT AND ATTAINMENT
• Monitoring pace and attainment
• Recognising and rewarding a wider range of achievements
• Continuing to set challenging targets and support aspirations of all
• Focus resources on quality teaching and learning, ensuring high achievement and attainment.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND RESOURCES
• Promote environmental awareness and sustainable resourcing
• Ensure that access to ICT resources and training is good
• Continue to involve pupils in improvement to school environment
• Monitor room use and resource allocations to ensure best support for teaching and learning
• Ensure that resources are deployed to support the health and wellbeing of the whole school community.