School meals at Prestonpans Infant School will cost £1.90 per child per day from the start of term next Monday, 8 April 2013 unless you are entitled to free meals for your child. We gave out many application forms for free school meals towards the end of term but the threshold has increased for some parents and carers. Details of the changes are below and we will have the new forms ready for you on Monday 8th, if you wish to reapply because you now meet the criteria or you can email Ms Laing on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will make sure you get a new form asap.
The Scottish Government have increased the threshold for parents who are in receipt of Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit to £15,910. This will come into force on 6 April 2013. So please note the criteria for Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Income-base Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Child Tax Credit but NOT Working Tax Credit with and annual income under £15,910
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit with an annual income under £6,420
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999