Below are the responses from the group to our ‘starter for 10′ questions.
1. What do you want to get out of participating in the Learning Team?
Better understanding of how much and how well students have learned
Gaining more confidence with AifL
Embedding AifL in practice
Identifying obstacles to using AifL
Sharing with the group – critical friends
Getting more consistency of approach to things like sharing learning intentions and success criteria
2. What do you want your students to get from you participating in the Learning Team?
- Feeling part of their learning
- Different(better) approaches to learning based on the teacher improving his/her practice
- To know that students are learning more effectively than before
3. What would you hope for the Learning Team to achieve this session?
- Report back to staff on progress
- A better understanding of approaches to teaching and learning adopted by different teachers and departments so that we may disseminate these good practices the whole school
We will apply for funding to support some project planning and discussion time out of school
There will be a page on the school website for the learning team. This could be a useful place for people to chart their progress.
There are resources available to help staff think about the focus for their project
- Shirley Clarke formative assessment book(Available from Emma)
- ‘Why’ learning teams booklet (Available from Emma or Barry)
- AifL website www.ltscotland.org.uk/assess
Action (thanks to Marie!)
For our next meeting have a think about a project you’d like to take forward. The focus being AifL.
Date of next meeting Monday 8th February 1.10 pm
Please feel free to add any comments or perspectives of your own if you have a view on any of the above.