S3/4 Course Outline.
The objective is to draft a full folio of work based on a simple bungalow see attached worksheet.
The folio consists of –
- Orthographic views.
- Isometric view with added specification.
- Floor Plan.
- Location plan.
- Site plan.
- AutoCAD / vector works orthographic views.
- DTP planning sketches.
- DTP Sales leaflet, Business card and background.
All A3 format.
All with pupils designed corporate logo.
BS symbols and Architectural symbols as appropriate.
- Charts – 2 hand drawn, 1 using Excel. Survey their class to get data on favourite sweets or soft drinks.
- Card Modelling – based on an existing simple box but improved. Includes new net, photo in use, one extra redesign and existing logo.
- Process Diagram – simple are best. “How to make a cup of tea” in 5 stages
- Manual Sketching – Logo History )
- Manual Sketching – Corporate Identity ) 5,6 &7 may be linked as a themed
- Manual Sketching – This Is … ) set of sheets with one research.
- Plan and Planometric of a kitchen – Using vector works.
- 3D rendered views of a small electronic product using Vector works or Inventer.
All sheets need a Title and Rationale, which fully explains the objective of the graphic.
Geometrical Drawing – all Prisms and pyramids –orthographic views, true shape, surface developments.
Engineering objects – sectional views.
Assemblies – sectional views.
3D views – Isometric, Oblique, Planometric, Axonometric and Perspective.
Architectural drawings and symbols.
Knowledge and Interpretation.
Interpreting workshop drawings.
ICT knowledge – PC, software, CAD, CAG & DTP theory.
SQA Arrangements documentation
Leckie and Leckie revision guide
Useful revision websites are –
BBC bitesize (GCSE but still very useful)