Dec 02 2010
Here are some ideas to keep busy at home
We hope you are all surviving the recent cold weather and snow! As the nursery is closed on Thursday and Friday(2nd and 3rd of Dec) we have put together a few ideas which you can do at home with your children. Most of these are activities which we currently do at nursery and the children really enjoy them. So why not have a go!
- Cosy up with some books and read a story.
- Try some baking! You could make some scones or muffins, for recipes click here
- Take a photo of that snowman you have built. You could bring it in to show us! OR email your photos of your snow adventures (or snowman/woman) to Miss Watson (email@example.com) so she can make a video of all your creations.
- Get creative and make some Christmas decorations, or anything else you fancy.
- Make some playdough (recipe)
- Why not practise some Christmas songs such as Jingle Bells, Away in a Manger or Santa got Stuck up the Chimney. You could watch last year Carols to help you learn them, click here
- Bring out your pens, pencils or crayons and do some drawings. We would love to see them!
- You could play some games or do some jigsaws together.
- Have a look at the cbeebies website for some fun and simple games to play on the computer.
These are just a few ideas but we are sure you can think of many more!!!