Today we’ve been asked to provide some summary eduBuzz statistics for an ongoing ELC self-evaluation activity. We’re sharing them here because they may be of interest to eduBuzz contributors and others elsewhere thinking of doing similar things.
Main eduBuzz WordPress system:
Our own web site (blog) hosting service for East Lothian schools, based on free WordPress Multisite open source software.
- Total Sites (blogs): 1431, mainly school, class and department web sites
- Total registered contributors: 3041, including staff, parents, pupils and partner organisation staff
- Total posts per week: typically 750 to 1000 (699 in last 7 days)
- Total comments per week: typically around 1500 to 2000 (1700 in last 7 days)
- Visits per day: typically 10,000 to 15,000 from Monday to Friday, around 10,000 at weekends.
- Pages viewed per day: typically 120,000 to 200,000 from Monday to Friday
eduBuzz Google Apps system:
Supports learning with a wide range of free, powerful and easy-to-use communication and collaboration tools.
- Up to about 150 logins per day over past 6 months, mainly using Documents and Sites
- There are currently 2,300 creators of shared Docs, Sites etc and 2,700 Collaborators (R, W access), both up by 600 in past 6 months
- Now holds approx 12,000 Documents: 6500 (Word Processing) Documents, 2500 Presentations, 1000 Forms and 500 Spreadsheets, 2000 Uploaded Files
- Up to 50 Documents per day created, up to 80 modified
eduBuzz Limesurvey Web-based Survey system
Free open-source survey system now in use across ELC schools, and proving useful in many other areas.
- 66 registered users, mainly teachers but including partner groups (Active Schools, Meals)
- 112 surveys created (Learning experiences, exercise, stress, community service usage etc)
- Used for very large annual Student Surveys with up to 2000 responses.