Have you seen the latest newsletter? Click here ICT Newsletter – May Issue and read what has been happening.
Just go to the Users menu, and click Add New. You’ll be asked to provide:
- a username for them
- their email address (must be @elcschool.org.uk, @eastlothian.gov.uk, @edubuzz.org or @elcglow.org.uk)
- the role you’d like them to have (Admin, Editor, Author etc)
WordPress will set up their account, give them the access they need, and send them login details. Sorted!
If you need a login for a parent or colleague with a different email address, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Directory of Open Access Journals (http://www.doaj.org/) offers free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals in a wide range of subjects.
At a time of increasing pressure on school budgets, it’s good to hear that the directory has now reached the milestone of 5000 journals in all subjects and languages.
Some possible uses in school include:
- staff research and professional development : you can browse 340 Education Journals here, for example
- making learning relevant: connections can be made with current real-world issues
- student research: especially in fast-moving subjects
- career guidance: journals are a good way to find out about possible future study subjects
The Edubuzz Limesurvey system is currently being used for a colourful survey of meal preferences amongst some East Lothian primary schools.
Most of the surveys done to date have just used the default appearance, and text questions, but this example by Elaine Mitchell of Facilities Management Services shows how a survey can be made much more attractive with the addition of some colourful graphics.