Welcome to East Lothian!
Our Head Teacher Induction programme aims to help you settle into East Lothian and help you out with contacts and things you need to know. I hope that you will find the Induction programme helpful.
a) Pack and mentoring programme
All new Heads will receive a pack with ELC information to help them settle into their new role, in addition to this all new Heads will receive a mentor for their first 12 months in post.
b) Formal one day induction programme
Run twice yearly this contains the following elements:
· The vision for education in ELC
· Legislative requirements – Health and Safety, Child Protection, Disability, etc
· Personnel – employment law
· Quality Improvement Services and HMIe
· PRD and leadership training
· Visit round JMH and Randall House
Information for new HTs
Information for Acting HTs
Things everyone needs to know!
Dept Structure 2010 (as at Aug 2010)